We often hear regular physical activity is very good for the skin, here is why:
1. Regular physical activity increases blood flow, which helps to nourish the skin and keep it looking healthy and glowing. Increased blood flow helps to keep the skin moisturised and prevent dryness which is very important for patients confronting diabetes.
2. Exercise also helps to reduce stress levels, which can be damaging to the skin. 3. Additionally, when you exercise, you sweat, and this helps to clear out your pores and eliminate toxins from your body.
4. Exercise helps to release endorphins, which make you feel good and can help to boost your mood and energy levels. Exercising regularly can help to improve your confidence and is recommended for people that suffer from diabetes.
5. Physical activity can also help to reduce inflammation and improve skin elasticity, which can help to reduce wrinkles and keep your skin looking youthful.
6. Exercise can help to reduce the risk of certain skin conditions like acne and psoriasis.
7. Exercise can also help to reduce your risk of skin cancer. Physical activity is essential for overall health, and it can also have a positive effect on your skin.
Create a routine of going to the gym or for a jog three times a week. Set a specific time for each session and stick to it. Reward yourself for keeping up with your routine. Start small and gradually add more exercises and intensity. Remember to warm up and cool down, and take breaks when you need them. Make sure to listen to your body and adjust your routine accordingly.
For people with problematic skin remember:
👉Showering after sport or intense physical activity is important for a few reasons. It helps to prevent the spread of germs and bacteria, it removes sweat and dirt from the skin, and it helps to cool the body down. It also helps to prevent skin irritations and infections from developing, and it makes the body feel more refreshed and energised.
👉Moisturising cream is an excellent way to keep your skin feeling soft and supple after a shower.
For diabetic skin problems dermatologists recommend DIABETOLINE CREAM. Used as part of your daily skincare routine Diabetoline contains ingredients that strengthens the epidermis layer of the skin and stagnates the dermatologic manifestations of the skin caused by diabetes. This product is created from only natural ingredients that have instant moisturising effects, promoting skin cell regeneration, improving skin protection against polluting factors and can be used for patients with sensitive skin and diabetic foot related conditions.
👉To use it, simply apply a small amount of cream to your skin after you have finished showering. Make sure to pay special attention to any areas that feel particularly dry. Gently massage the cream into your skin and allow it to absorb fully. This will help to lock in moisture and prevent dryness.