Diabetic people need to take special care of their skin because their condition can make them more prone to skin problems.
High blood sugar levels can damage blood vessels which can limit the amount of blood that reaches the skin and cause dryness, itching, and cracks.
Skin infections can occur more easily when blood sugar levels are not properly controlled.
Follow these simple rules everyday to prevent and improve your skin condition:
- Keep your skin clean everyday.
- Avoid prolonged exposure to the sun. Wear protection.
- Moisturise your skin often with products recommended for your skin type.
- Wear supportive shoes and socks to avoid foot injuries.
- Avoid tight-fitting clothing that might cause skin irritation
- Avoid scratching or picking at your skin.
- Practice good hygiene and wash your hands regularly with mild soaps.
- Exercise regularly to help keep your blood sugar under control.
- Avoid hot showers and baths, as they can dry out the skin.
- Avoid using lotions and creams with fragrances, colours, or alcohol.
- Visit your doctor regularly for skin checks.
- Treat any skin problems immediately.
- Check your feet every day for any cuts, bruises, or signs of infection.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing made of natural fabrics such as cotton.
Visit our Facebook page DIABETOLINE CREAM